Optional large profile drip rail available.
Double lip side seal
Provides a superior seal against water & dirt infiltration.
5 track styles
With and w/o a finishing flange, offering the most mounting options in the industry.
Curved finger pull
Allows for better feel when closing shutter door. Features a grooved surface for improved grip and unique design increases usable opening height over other comparable shutter doors.
Over-molded idler wheels
For smooth & quiet operation.
Extruded inner seal
One piece extrusion providing superior strength & increased structural rigidity.
Magnetic door ajar switch
With improved reed switch for reliability.
Stronger lift bar
Lift bar is 2x stronger. Features improved grip and unique D shape – will not bow or bend.
Concave individual slat design
Prevents loose equipment from hindering door operation.
Co-extruded inner seal between slats
Prevents metal-to-metal contact and won’t stretch in the heat.
Nested end shoes
As the doors roll up in the compartment, these shoes prevent metal-to-metal contact and eliminate damage to the door.
Interlocking end shoes
Provides tight-fitting operation, removing any play between slats and keeping graphics aligned. End shoes are swaged/dimpled (never riveted) into place, allowing easy removal and replacement.
One-piece side rail and track
Unlike two-piece tracks joined by rivets or screws, our standard one-piece system has no obstructions to bind the doors. Several track styles are available for different installation requirements.
Easy one-hand operation
Lift bar and finger pull, integrated into the bottom rail, allow easy one-hand access to equipment anywhere along the door.
Smooth, balanced door operation
Neutral-balance means the same effort is used to push up or pull down the door.
Standard non-abrasive top and side seals
Provides a non-abrasive water and dust barrier to keep compartment equipment clean and dry while maintaining attractive roll-up door appearance. A wiper top seal is available.
Drip pan with splash guard
Attached with spring pins to the pennant plate, the pan rests close to the roll-up door, preserving valuable compartment space while keeping your equipment dry.
Integrated sill plate
Built into the compartment to resist moisture penetration. Also protects sill opening from being damaged by equipment.
Keyable cylinder lock
Offers easy accessibility and peace-of-mind security.
Solid State Magnetic Door Ajar System
Adds versatility with fifth wire that switches to ground (when the system is activated) for multiplexing systems. Smart switch minimizes the possibility of wiring malfunction and improves reliability. The system is contained within the striker block, protected from the elements.
DuroStrip LED Compartment Lighting Systems
ROM DuroStrip LED Compartment Lighting uses the newest technology to supply the emergency services with compartment lighting that is more effective and more reliable than traditional lighting. Our LEDs illuminate the same or better, but draw 80% less amps, withstand vibration better, and can last the life of your vehicle while providing efficiency, cost savings, safety and NFPA compliance.
M4000™ power doors and locks
Improves efficiency and saves time by having a switch in the cab activate power doors and locks. Roll-up doors can be raised before fire personnel leave the vehicle.
Perfect Match Wet Paint System™
Our Perfect Match paint can be matched to your exact specifications – no matter what color. Roll-up doors are also available in an anodized satin or brushed finish.
Front Roll Door
- Most commonly specified door type.
- Operator is located at the front of the compartment to meet your exact equipment requirements.
- Counterbalanced for easy opening and closing.
- Easy to install and clean.
- Made of individual aluminum slats, allowing quick repairs with little downtime.
- End shoes are swaged/dimpled into the slat, not riveted, to allow easy slat replacement.
Rear Roll Door
- Same features and options as front roll doors.
- When equipment requirements don’t allow a front roll, the operator is mounted toward the rear to meet your needs.
- Rear-mounted counterbalance maximizes compartment opening space.
- Rear roll doors provide greatest benefits when compartment is more than 24 inches deep.
AutoLatch Shutters for Interior Compartments
- AutoLatch rolls in a track across the top and down the back of the compartment.
- Ideal for small compartments where space is at a premium.
- Easy to operate and virtually no maintenance.
- Specially designed cam lock stops the door from raising or lowering as soon as you take your hand off the door.
- Nylon inner seal between slats provides quiet, vibration-free performance.
- Interlocking nylon end shoes connecting the slats allow smooth operation.
- Optional lock provides added security.
M4000 Power Doors and Locks
- A push of a button– from the cab or other strategic location on the vehicle– raises the vehicle’s roll-up doors.
- As soon as the vehicle stops and the brakes are set, the doors are open. That saves time, so personnel can focus on fighting fires and saving lives.
- The same switch can be activated to lower the doors and lock them securely.