- Enclosed compartment
- Stops equipment from falling off and prevents hose from inadvertently deploying while responding to the scene.
- Manual Override
- In case of power failure, system can be operated manually via the manual override release.
- Power Lock
- Discourages theft of equipment from an unattended vehicle.
- Fire Protection
- Made of flame-resistant materials.
- Minimizes introduction of dirt, dust and water into the compartment.
- Protects hose and equipment from flying embers.
- Door Ajar System
- Prevents accidental loss of equipment and theft.
- Easy access
- No heavy doors to lift or swing-outs to interfere with personnel.
- Power Operated
- Access equipment at the touch of a button.
- Eliminates the need to move hydraulic ladder rack to access the hose bed.
- No bungee cords or other tie-downs.
- Replaces canvas tarps and their ongoing repair/replacement costs.
- Visually Appealing
- Attractive anodized aluminum finish.
- Meets NFPA 1901 section 15.1.7 recommendation for covered hose storage area.
- Flush Track
- Satin Finish
- Power Lock
- Override Lock
- Door Ajar Switch
|Roll-Up Door Sizes||Maximum||Minimum|
|Roll-Up Door length||226″||30″|
|Roll-Up Door width*||76″||28″|
|Roll-Up Door vertical height**||96″||19″|
* Doors wider than 50″ require a cargo divider / 1-1/4″ below top of opening.
** Maximum vertical height is limited by the opening width. For details see the chart below.
|Opening Width||Max. Vertical Height|
|28″ to 62″||93″|
Spiral Assembly Sizes
|Size||Roll-Up Door Length||Height||Power Roll-Up Door Length|
|B||30″ to 90″||12.144″||16.875″|
|C||Less than 132″||14.203″||18.805″|
|D||Less than 174″||16.000″||20.875″|
|E||Less than 226″||18.500″||22.937″|
- Roll-Up Door
- Approx. 2.10 lbs per sq. ft.
- Spiral assembly
- Approx. 30 lbs. (varies by roll-up door size)
- 30 Amp circuit / 12V minimum
- 10 Amp circuit / 12V minimum
- Solid state components
- Built-in circuit protection
- Built-in shut off when roll-up door is obstructed
- Diagnostic lights for troubleshooting
- Maximum load
- 800 lbs at center. Not rated as a walk surface.
- Water penetration
- Minimizes introduction of dirt, dust, and water into the compartment.
- Fire protection
- Made of flame-resistant materials
- Key Options for Power Lock
- Model 1250
- Model 751
- What are the main features and benefits of the R·O·M Cargo Cover?
- Safety in preventing equipment and hose from flying off a moving vehicle.
- Security to prevent theft, protect from the elements, and fireproof the bed cover.
- Efficiency for easy access to the compartment during emergency operations.
- Isn’t it cheaper to use a tarp?
- The initial price of a tarp may be less, but the long-term operating cost is greater than for an R·O·M Cargo Cover. Tarps require constant maintenance, they use inefficient, unreliable tie-downs, and they wear out and have to be replaced. With proper care and maintenance, your Cargo Cover can last the life of your vehicle.
- Will the Cargo Cover fit my bed specs?
- Each R·O·M Cargo Cover is custom-made to your exact specs. We can manufacture a door up to 226” long and 76” wide. Wider doors can be made if the roll-up door is not required to make a vertical turn; contact us for further details.
- Will my compartment be water resistant?
- Yes. Our roll-up door will reduce the introduction of water and other elements into the compartment, but it is not completely waterproof.
- Is a Door Ajar System available?
- Yes, the innovative R·O·M Door Ajar System prevents accidental loss of equipment and theft. This comes standard on R·O·M’s Power Cargo Cover (Door Ajar Circuitry provided).